School & Campus Guarding
TRSS schools division specializes in helping schools to create and maintain such a safe and secure environment primarily for the benefit of the students, but also for the teachers. We serve both government and private schools from pre-primary to university.
KEEPING SAFE WHAT MATTER MOST TO US, OUR CHILDREN.
Schools are entrusted with the development of our children from the time they are 3 or 4 years old right
through to adulthood. Throughout this time, but especially when they are very young, they are best served
by being in a safe and secure environment in which they can acquire the knowledge and skills to take their
place in adult society.
TRSS schools division specializes in helping schools to create and maintain such a safe and secure
environment primarily for the benefit of the students, but also for the teachers. We serve both government
and private schools from pre-primary to university.
The risks to which children may be exposed at school range from simply getting lost to being physically
injured or even killed. Common risks include bullying and being offered drugs. Less common are sexual
abuse and armed assault. We have the knowledge, equipment and skills required to help to protect both
the children and the staff of the school.
For each school we start by completing a threat analysis which we present to and discuss with the
governing body and the School Principal and Deputy Principal. From this analysis and discussion an action
plan and budget is developed and agreed with the school. This agreed plan is then implemented,
monitored and improved as necessary to achieve the agreed objectives.
IMPLEMENTATION MAY INCLUDE ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Professional guards who have passed detailed background checks and have been specifically
trained to guard schools. Such training includes dealing with children and the standard operating
procedures applicable to the specific school being guarded. More general training includes access
control, basic first aid, CCTV and alarm monitoring, responding to alarms including armed
response and emergency services.
- Perimeter security that may include electric fences, electronic beams, 'No Go' zones for certain
areas and buildings and CCTV monitoring that includes analytics to alert the control room to
- Access control procedures at entrances to the school premises that deal with the wide variety of
people coming to the school. These include children, parents, teachers, general staff, suppliers,
contractors, staff and children from other schools and people from community organisations that
make use of the school premises. There will also be evening and weekend events that need
to be managed.
- Support for the school's fire drills in the form of co-ordination and monitoring of the children
during the drills and, if necessary search and rescue should any children not be accounted for.
- Searching for drugs using security personnel with trained sniffer dogs. This service may be
provided as either a random search of the classrooms, bags and lockers or by placing a handler and
dog at each entrance to the school to screen the children and their possessions as they enter the
school premises. The frequency, timing and duration of such searches being agreed with the
management of the school.
- Access control scanners to scan driver IDs and vehicle registration numbers linked to a central
database to identify any suspicious drivers or vehicles.
- Awareness talks covering security, anti-bullying and drug abuse. All of these talks include a
discussion of crime statistics to make sure that the children are aware of the threats around them.
- Assistance with teacher and staff vetting using various systems to identify any criminal record
including sexual offences.
- TRSS holds a Corporate Contract with ER24 ensuring all children, staff and visitors receive priority
treatment in the event of a medical emergency
At TRSS we understand schools and campus’s needs. We provide a range of pro active services to assist with everyday security management in a sensitive environment!